Thursday, September 3, 2009

40 Day Challenge - Day 3

It's been a while since I've posted anything here but I am alive and well.
Just a quick update on the health and fitness stuff.
I had a nutrition consultation with a nutritional advisor on metabolic typing in July. It turns out that I am a "protein type" which is no surprise there. Even though I was eating clean before, I knew in the way I was feeling and the fact that I was not losing much weight that a low-fat diet was not working for me and that I need to watch my carb intake. The premise is that there is no-one-size fits all diet for anyone. You have to find what works for you. I've been following a plan for a few weeks. The scale has not moved much...YET...but my clothes are looser and I have way more energy! woo hoo!

I am also doing a 40 day yoga and meditation challenge at my yoga studio. I am doing this with my yoga teacher and some other students as my teacher prepares for the Ironman World Championship in October. I figure if she can do an Ironman, then I can do 40 days of yoga. LOL!Well it's actually 32 days of yoga to allow some rest days. This is power yoga...Baptiste style...this is a type of yoga that is challenging and works every muscle in your body PLUS it's in an 85 degree room. SWEAT!

Today was my third day. When I got home, I was soaked from head to toe in sweat and I swear that all the muscles in my upper body were shaking for about an hour. Tomorrow is day 4...I can do this!

No comments: