Tuesday, February 24, 2009

My Birthday Party

What can I say? I had such a good time. I'm glad I threw myself a birthday party and I highly recommend doing so for yourself...hell, throw yourself a party for any reason! Just for fun.

I was pretty stressed out last week with looming report deadlines for my client. I was up to at least 1:00 am every night working on this stuff. I worked on everything up until Thursday and then cooked and cleaned on Friday and Saturday afternoon.

I love mardi gras so it was a treat to combine my birthday with a theme! I decorated the house and strung beads from just about everywhere. I made 5 gallons of gumbo and my hubby made his famous mufulleta sandwich and of course there was plenty to drink!

Everyone loved the food. I gave out beads to everyone and after cake we did karaoke. So much fun! Of course on Sunday, I was couchatose. Not even from drinking, I was just plain tired.

A few pics....I tried to load more but I'm still trying to figure it out.

7 comments:

becomingkate said...

Awww! The food and drink sound fabulous!

Cin said...

wow wish I could have been there to celebrate with you:) You look so gorgues!

Dorrie said...

I'll probably have a big party next year... celebrating another decade! ufff

Glad the party turned out so fun!!

Kathi said...

Linda,

What a great idea I would have never even thought of throwing my own birthday party! Maybe I will do that this year. I have becoming out of my shell with everything else.
Glad to hear that you had a great day!! Happy Birthday!

Kathi

Raechelle said...

Belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY girl!

Dylan James said...

Nice! Happy birthday!

MauritaMason said...

Happy belated Birthday! Good for you for throwing a party to celebrate life! Here's to many more parties.