Tuesday, February 3, 2009

it's hard to blog when...

...you have painters in your house painting and furniture it piled in rooms where it does not belong. I'm smiling on the inside and looking forward to freshly painted walls, doors and trim to go with the new flooring.

Other projects for February:
Continue to declutter kitchen and living room: 70% complete.
Sort/Purge 2 boxes of personal papers: 30% complete.
Sort/Purge one drawer of client files: begin this week
Sort/Purge one box of kiddie toys: begin this week.

That's this month.

My son is sick with a slight cold and had his first absence from school. He was not feeling well over the weekend. He stayed home from school yesterday and today. My younger son has a field trip this morning. He was so excited. I was supposed to go with him and chaperon but I had to cancel so I could be home with D.

Yesterday they were both home with me. I spent most of the day trying to keep them out of the painter's way and making sure they didn't touch the parts of the house that had wet paint. Which was most of the house as they had tackled most of the trim, doors and window sills...ugh! I was so tired yesterday.

Yesterday was Groundhog Day/Candlemas Day. It's s day to "clean" your home and welcome the sun. I usually light candles in every room in the house and burn sage but with the paint fumes...I figured I'd better wait.

It was also me and the Dish's 11-year anniversary of being together. We will be married 10 years this June! Time flies....

1 comment:

becomingkate said...

11 years! That's wonderful. I like to think back to when Bill and I met too. Five years this May!
Hope everybody is feeling better today!